Monday, May 4, 2009

Nights....

What is it with me and sleep these days...
Nights shorten as days elongate. 
Snoring of neighbors in comfortable beds. 
Sleep calling, yet holding me off.
Until the chirping birds of morning unveil how time has passed. 
And night is no longer night, but day...
What else to do but to read, write and hope for sleep to find me..

How can it be that precisely then when sleep is most needed, it decides to go and find better pastures?
Sleep is not only comforting but sometimes has a torturous soul; like a bad lover, it drives you in, makes you crave it, but then spits you out.
Dont take me wrong: I LOVE sleeping.
But for some strange reason it has decided to play a little game with me, these last few weeks.
It wants me to continue without it, to use every available hour of the day to work and theorize and think.
It wants me to analyze complex structures, to think about philosophical issues and find words to write stories with....

I just want to push all those things aside, grab sleep, hold it tightly to my chest, cradle it, and nestle myself under the duvet with it....

The waiting game has begun...



No comments: