Saturday, August 22, 2015

Bull

It's been a while since I posted on this platform.
Mainly because...well....where to begin?
But, as with all itches, it's one I had to scratch tonight, so here goes nothing.

In many ways I feel I'm a different person from when I posted here last:
I've since started a new job and most importantly an intense workout regime, that has changed my life. I feel like a different person. Stronger. More confident. More myself, than I have felt for years.
It's been a real eye-opener for me.
Had I known it would make such an impact, I would've done this eons ago.
As it stands, I did it, and it makes me happy!

I invested a lot of time, money and energy into it and it's paying off.
And as I progress, I find myself enjoying it and setting myself new limits, new exercises to conquer, new weights to master and fears to overcome. I enjoy seeing what I can do and surprising myself with my newly found strength and endurance.
It's been helping me through some rough times concerning the terrible sickness of another much beloved family member (for those of you who remember my blogs about my grandfather, you know how this sort of thing affects me) and through it all I feel amazing.
And, so people tell me, rejuvenated.

Luckily I didn't have to figure all of this out by my lonesome.
I've had the most amazing personal coach anybody could wish for. I call him personal coach because he's more than a trainer. He's somebody who made (and still makes) an impact on my life. A personal coach who knows when to push me and when I'm pushing myself too hard in the gym. A mentor. And, dare I say, after 1,5 years of working together, a dear friend, whom I cherish for his wisdom and kindness and his sense of humor.

Which is why it makes it so hard that this week I found out that I can't afford our training sessions anymore...there it was, the moment I had hoped would never come...
It sucks.
It sucks total mega ass.
It sucks so hard that...well...you get the picture.

But new me isn't going to let it.
No downward shizzle permitted.
I'm going to grab this bull by it's horns and I'm going to give it heck, so hard it wishes it had walked into a different pasture.
Heck, I'M gonna be the bull this time.
If anything, it gave me a kick in the butt to not only continue what I was doing, but to crank things up a few notches!

To infinity and beyond!!



No comments: