Saturday, June 4, 2016

The Journey

Insights can come to you at the randomest of random moments...

Like, when you're en-route to the gym & suddenly feel overwhelmed & need to pause on a bench & write a blogpost...

Those of you who have known me for a while now have partaken in my journey, sometimes on the sidelines, sometimes in the thick of it. And what a journey it is!
The thing with journeys is; sometimes you're not aware you're on one, until something makes you look. And then there you are, luggage in hand, en-route to somewhere.

I've been en-route for a while, consciously & willingly...climbing mountains, jumping over streams, laying in meadows, fighting shadows, basking in sunlight...
And today, as I moved forward in the new life I made for myself, I saw myself stand there, in the moment, and felt incredibly proud.

Proud that I battled my insecurities, that after years of feeling like I was not girly enough, not strong enough, not lovable enough, not good enough, locked in a body that felt alien to me, not interesting enough, I now am at a point where I can say; I know who I am.

I know myself. 
I know my fears, insecurities, strengths, faults, loves...
I feel stronger than ever.
More beautiful than I've ever felt.
I feel enlightened & purposeful.
Each day I learn new things.
Each day my heart opens up wider to the world.

Am I perfect?
By no means. 
But then, perfection is overrated...there's no such thing. And beauty always lies in the imperfections. Its the little cracks that fill up with gold, and make things interesting, beautiful & spirited...



No comments: